These healthy vegan Blood orange & strawberry Chia pudding parfait jars are the perfect breakfast treat.
With a mixture of deliciously sweet and healthy elements, you’re sure to enjoy your healthy vegan breakfast. Plus, Putting these jars together is so amazingly simple, Perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast.
This strawberry chia pudding is my absolute FAVOURITE chia mix for being so superbly sweet, like a pudding. This means that the slightly tart flavour of the blood orange pairs really well in balancing out the flavours.
I know that Chia puddings have been making the rounds for years but in-case you’re new to the chia game and not sure what they’re all about. Here are some factoids for you.
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- They are absolute nutritional powerhouse’s
At only 69 calories per tbsp, these seeds are high in fibre, protein, calcium, omega-3’s along with a decent amount of various vitamins, including B1, B2, B3, potassium and zinc.
- They are rich in Fibre
For anyone on a low-carb diet, the high carb count of chia seeds might seem a bit much but around 90% of the carb grams are Fibre. Fibre is great for our digestive system, can make us feel fuller for longer etc.
- They are packed full of antioxidants
While the actual research done around this isn’t conclusive, we know that antioxidants do an important job of fighting the production of free radicals, thus staving off diseases like Cancer. So this is still a massive positive to me.
- They are gluten-free and non-GMO
Enough said really.
- They are high Protein
I know I’ve mentioned their high protein level above but I feel like this needs re-iterating. As someone who’s previously started counting macros I struggle on a daily basis with reaching my protein goals and now I always chuck a tbsp of these bad boys into my morning shake to help me on my way and also curb off hunger pangs till my next meal.
And that’s just to name a few of the reasons I love incorporating them into my life. Not to mention that they are super easy to incorporate into smoothies, porridge, baked goods, as a healthy ‘jam’ etc etc etc.
For this particular recipe, I’ve paired them with some coconut yogurt and granola to make a delicious parfait. If you’re interested in more blood orange recipe’s then check out my blood orange breakfast toast too!
Blood Orange Strawberry Chia parfait
For the Chia pudding:
- 100 g strawberries
- ½-1 Blood orange juice ( keep 2 slices to one side)
- Splash of coconut milk I used alpro
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar or other sweetener of choice
- 1 ½ Tbsp chia seeds.
- 2/3 cup Dairy-free yogurt of choice I used coconut (you may need slightly less/more based on your glass/jar)
- 1-2 tbsp Granola of your choice
- Agave/Maple to drizzle
- Coconut chunks
To make the chia pudding:
- Simply blend your strawberries, till smooth and then mix with all remaining ingredients then leave to thicken in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- To put together the Blood Orange & Strawberry Chia Parfait
- Begin by layering the chia pudding into the bottom of the jars. I only used around 3-4 tbsp of the pudding.
- Top with enough coconut yogurt to almost fill the jar. And then mix some of the remaining chia mix into the top of the yogurt ( you can always mix it directly into the yogurt but I like to put just a bit in so I can keep the remaining, un-used chia pudding to one side to snack on later on that day.)
- Top with a handful of your favourite granola, strawberry and a drizzle of agave, if wanted.
- Eat immediately! Enjoy !!
As always, I’d LOVE to see your results so if you try the recipe out then let me know and feel free to tag me in any pics @memoirssoluciie.
Till next time,
And as always: To pin for later!